The Ma’an Social Incubator (MSI) is devoted to encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship to develop solutions to social, cultural, or environmental challenges. Twice a year, MSI will host the most promising teams and provide them with the resources and support they need in order to grow and thrive.
The selected teams will be offered learning and development, mentorship and coaching, as well as networking and funding opportunities. It is a unique chance for entrepreneurs to develop their innovative ideas for social impact into a sustainable social enterprise.
This year’s theme is “Entrepreneurship for Social Good” focusing on social priority areas Financial Literacy and Education
The Ma’an Social Incubator sixth cohort is now open to receiving applications from social entrepreneurs that are developing sustainable solutions in Financial Literacy, Ed-Tech, and cutting-edge Social-Tech.
March 7 – May 10, 2022
Submit an application detailing your social venture and team details
May 10 – May 18, 2022
All submitted applications will be reviewed against a structured scoring criteria.
Virtual interviews will be conducted with the most promising applications.
3. Pitch Day
May 18, 2022
Eligible businesses will be invited to pitch before an expert judging committee.
Promising startups will be selected to join the cohort. All teams will be informed of their results.
May 23 – Sep 16, 2022
The selected businesses will join the incubator program and undergo class-led intensive learning sessions to develop and scale their startups.
· 18 years and above
· Early stage startup (product/solution fit)
· Fully-fledged team and business model validated
· Open to all nationalities – UAE and international
· Based in Abu Dhabi or willing to create social impact in Abu Dhabi
· A committed team size with the capability to dedicate resources to the program (2+ members)
· Businesses that are generating revenue or have conducted at least one pilot initial market traction or have a solid track record of partnerships/users
To be eligible for the Ma’an grant you must:
· Legally register in Abu Dhabi
· Create social impact for Abu Dhabi community and/or specific target groups
Applications for cohort 6 is now closed.
Stay tuned to our social media channels to learn more about the selected startups and the launch of Cohort 7 coming soon.